1. Make communal eating your number one priority
2.We should look for someone to eat or drink with before looking for something to eat or drink." Epicurus
3.Set your mealtimes as sacred....regular meal times offer a sense of familiarity and humans need structure.
4.Laugh at everyday life. take yourself lightly and take life seriously.
5.Participate in pleasurable activities to get your exercise. activities like gardening, cooking, dancing , walking, it doesn't matter as long as you enjoy it.
6.Hobbies bring purpose ...learning a new language, writing, painting, volunteering , studying culinary arts, chess and many more.
7.The importance of nature.. getting enough sun for vitamin D and getting outside whenever you can.
8.Getting enough sleep. nap or rest for 20 minutes a day to destress. and try to get to sleep early to get better sleep.
Great reference books to learn more:
1. Mediterranean Lifestyle for Dummies by Amy Riolo
2. Make every day Mediterranean by OldwaysPT.org
3. The Blue Zones Challenge by Dan Buettner
4. The Real Mediterranean Diet by Dr. Simon Poole
5. The Mind Diet Maggie Moon
"Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise. "Benjamin Franklin